In this part of the two part series we will explore confidence. What it means and how you can have more of it in your life. In my previous blog, What’s Your Word of the Year, I share that my word of the year is confidence.
You may wonder how can I convey confidence to you; who better than one who is actually living the change; rather than one more person barking an idea at you. I do not know about you, but I am super tired of “people” yakking about subjects they have not experienced.
What Does Confidence Mean
The word begins with the meaning the feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something; firm trust.
Let’s take a deeper look. It is the state of feeling certain about the truth of something.
Or going even deeper. It is a feeling of self-assurance arising from one’s appreciation of one’s own abilities or qualities.
Once upon a time due to a domestic violence situation, I learned to distrust, disallow and second guess everything. It shook my confidence to the core.
I am no longer that person.
I am brimming with confidence. It is another way to say that I am full of confidence. Or what I like to call True Voice, Authentic Voice, and Who I am.
“Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” – E.E. Cummings
Imagine for a moment that you have your own unique style and quirks. You are not afraid to be you. You know you and use your voice in a positive manner that is beneficial to you. When you speak your truth you will find yourself surrounded by others who have the same vibration. They may not seem like your peps, and yet, they are in your vibrational allegory.
Yep, that may mean that people who once seemed cool and adored you, may now find you off putting and vice versa. Your true authentic voice and vibration will light your path. This is confidence at its best. Being brave and courageous to unequivocally you!
6 Simple Ways to Increase Your Confidence
- Groom yourself: It seems obvious and yet it is amazing on how good you can feel with a shower or bath. I have been in a horrible feeling and poof as if by magic the water cleansed me both inside and outside.
- Dress Nicely: Get dressed. There was a point in time where I would slide out of bed, run a brush through my tangled mass of hair, pull it back and throw on a shirt and shorts; no care, just going through the motion. We all need days like this to rest and veg; but not when it is day after day. Get dressed this will boost your mood big time.
- Anxiety and/or depression zappers: Stop worrying about the past and doubting the future. Live right now at this moment. Right now you are reading this blog post. When you are done you have moved to another moment. Go slow; step by step. There is no race.
- Mindful breathing. This can be meditation. Taking a 5 mins midday break where you breath deeply. Let your mind wander. Breath in and out. Just breath and let go of worry, anxiety.
- Speak slowly. Give yourself the benefit of not racing to an answer. If you really mean no. Inhale, take a deep breath, exhale and slowly say, no, thank you. When you slow you speech, you are able to connect with your true feelings. It is okay to say no.
- Set a goal/new habit. It takes 21 days to create a habit and 28 days for this to stick. Choose a goal/new habit. Set aside time and work on it for 15 mins each day. Mark on a calendar your success and at the end of 21/28 days celebrate. Not a small celebration. Make this huge!
You Can Do it!
No matter how many times your have tried or where you are beginning, be proud of yourself for trying. You are an amazing, brave individual. Now go forth and build your confidence one step at a time.Natasha, please help me gain more confidence
Oodles of Love & Magical Blessings,
Natasha Botkin, Master Teacher & Intuitive Behavioral Energy Healer, is a #1 international bestselling Author, Artist. She uses healing soul psychology energies when working with youth and adults by releasing patterns & blocks to help them empower themselves. Connect with me Magical Blessings Healing Center