If you are like me, then you are an empath. If you have stumbled upon or discovered this blog, you are an empath.
What is an empath? An empath is someone who can feel the affects of other’s energies. This is not just a highly sensitive individual; this goes much deeper. It affects you on all levels. Empaths can feel physical, spiritually, emotional and mental energies. They do not necessarily read minds, but they can sure feel stuff. The good, bad and ugly stuff.
How does this Look
Empaths are often quiet achievers and introverts. They often feel drained and exhausted when they are out and about. This is an empath who has not yet learned to protect and clear themselves from other’s energies that they absorbed.
There can be many misunderstandings towards an empath. They may seem standoffish, distant, blocking and hiding away. This is an empath who has not learned how to better handle their gift.
Being in a mall, grocery store takes much effort and sometimes just plain wears you out.
Some cannot stand to see violence in anything: life, movies, video games, songs.
World Energy Concerns
When things happen in the world, emapths are closely tied to world energy. Viewing devastating news and occurrences is difficult. Be mindful of social media. As an empath you need to identify what stresses you and be okay with telling others no thank you.
Being an empath helps your intuitive gift as far as helping others, but do not forget to help you first. It is like the oxygen mask on the airplane; you need to cover you first, then you can assist; but recognize when you need to rest or even when you have to walk away and be okay with it.
Are There Benefits
Often empaths are working with people, in nature, or with animals. These are the tireless teachers, caretakers and stewards of the earth.
They are usually great imaginative storytellers and are inquisitively expanding their minds all of the time with an intense quest for knowledge.
Just because they may be at home does not mean that they stop. Their overly active minds just keep going. Which can cause them burnouts and a need for downtime and rest.
Usually they are creative and self-expressive in writing, singing, music, art and such.
They are the listeners of life. Poof, you are in the grocery store line and you know all about everyone in line; it seems as if everywhere you go, someone pours out their heart and soul to you. You smile and walk away.
How to Shield Your Energy
- Recognize that you are an empath.
- Drop the energy vampires, negative naysayers and narcissists (an energy vampire is a person who steals your energy by arguing, belittling or criticizing; or constant complaining ( you feel drained to be around this person/people).
- Place a white shield of angelic light around you before you leave your home and/or spray yourself with an essential oil.
- Add positive energy into your living/work space.
- Wear a crystal. Go to a crystal store; hang out near the crystals and let a crystal choose you. (I am known to tuck these in my pants pockets or bra).
- Place crystals around your living/work space.
- Upon returning home drink a glass of alkaline water and/or spray an essential oil .
- Take a shower or bath.
- Place live plants in your living space. (African violets are amazing.)
- Be mindful of your thoughts; replace negative thoughts with positive ones.
- Meditate. Let it Go, Let it Flow.
- Seek assistance from an energy healer.
Oodles of Love & Magical Blessings,
Natasha Botkin, Master Teacher & Intuitive Behavioral Energy Healer, is a #1 international bestselling Author and Artist. She uses healing soul psychology energies when working with youth and adults by releasing patterns & blocks to help them empower themselves. Connect with me Magical Blessings Healing Center