Raising girls with strong self-esteem is very near and dear to my heart. As a young girl, my family did not worry about the torrid comments: “sit down and shut up” or “you’re not that special.” My post Reclaiming Your Power specifies my arduous journey with the reclamation of myself after domestic violence.
These words were the rampant breeding ground for devaluing me, and not raising me to value myself. Step by step, word by word, they tore my beautiful essence from me. Little did they realize that their need for control of me was also setting me up for the most unfortunate role of my life. One day the complacency of those words began the basis of what is domestic violence. I am grateful for these lessons, as this has lead me to the strong, powerful woman that I am today.
As a Behavioral Specialist and Special Education teacher, I typically work with students that need critical and intensive education and social guidance. Time and time again, I have transformed many young ladies who were also raised to not be heard, controlled a complacency of past generations. These generations are in what I routinely call survival mode. They have forgotten what it is to live and rush from one notion and moment of another in a robotic trance.
Unfortunately, this has left generations of young ladies confused and the references in a state of panic. If their female role model is also one who has a lack of self-esteem then we have the progressive notion of commotion that continues its viscous cycle.
We do have the chance to change this from this point on. Many ladies of the 40’s -60’s age bracket have had enough, and the divine awakened woman is here to make the change that requisites the chance for our young ladies. Please help share this message far and wide, as we can make a difference in someone’s life.
Raising Girls With Strong Self-Esteem:
- Be that role model. Show them through your actions. Be mindful that your child is always watching you, even when you think they are focused on something else; they are listening, watching and so forth. If you are a woman with a daughter/granddaughter, you are her role model, lead by example through your actions and words.
- Communicate often with your daughter. She needs to build her ability to effectively communicate her needs. This is through consistent action.
- Help her understand her feelings. She needs help to build confidence in safely expressing her feelings. She wishes to see you safely expressing your emotions, so that she may also freely express her emotional feelings.
- Teach her that it is okay to make mistakes, and how to forgive herself. No one is perfect and she needs to understand the resiliency of bouncing back.
- Show her how to be curious. Teach her that it is okay to inquisitive in a positive manner.
- Men treat the special lady in your life well. Whether this is her mother, step-mother, grandmother and so forth. Young ladies need to have a male show them what it looks like to be treated well.
May we be part of the solution in raising Girls with Strong Self-esteem.Yes! I’d love to learn more about how to empower me or help my daughter empower herself.
Or would you like to begin a new Journey Discovering Your Feminine QUALITIES like never before. Click on image to purchase.
Oodles of Love and Magical Blessings,
Natasha Botkin, Master Teacher & Intuitive Behavioral Energy Healer, is a #1 international bestselling Author, Artist, Shiny Gold Star Quest creator. She uses healing soul psychology energies when working with youth and adults by releasing anxious patterns & blocks to help them empower themselves. Connect with me http://magicalblessingshealingcenter.com