Let’s explore the many uses of lavender. Some may call this folktale remedies, the yesteryear of a traveling medicine man, a witch brewing her concoction or a Native Medicine Man/Woman. Lavender has many essences to help you with emotional and mental health.
Why Lavender is Useful
Lavender is a very versatile herb and flower. Most of us use the flower buds.
- Eases anxieties
- Soothes anger
- Calms over activity (ADD/ADHD) or helps slow down an overactive mind
- Essential Oil
Lavender is an herb that has so many wonderful uses. Not only is this gorgeous to grow in your yard, but is also a great houseplant.
Imagine for a moment a meditation room with ivory walls, a light silk fabric flowing with the air movement and the aroma of a lavender plant naturally calming this space. To me, this sounds like a serene meditation space to relax and restore you in a sea of serenity.
Dry the lavender blooms and voila more uses.
- Add a 1/4 tsp lavender buds, 1/4 tsp chamomile blooms, and 1 tsp marshmallow root to brew a nice relaxing tea. You may sweeten this with 1 tsp cane sugar, honey or whatever you enjoy. This will soothe your mind, body and spirit.
- Make a lavender satchel with dried lavender buds. This wonderful aroma can be use for you, your linen or lingerie draws, or as a gift.
- Use lavender buds for a floral pick me up in any room.
- Place lavender buds on a gift or gift tag.
- Sprinkle lavender buds in your pillowcase for a restful slumber.
- Tie lavender buds together and create a decorative sweetly scented wreath.
You can make your own or purchase lavender essential oil. There are so many incredible ways that you can imagine with lavender essential oil.
- Place a drop or two of lavender essential oil with 1-2 drops of coconut oil on a cotton ball and tuck this in your bra for an all day and natural stress reliever.
- Use 2-3 drop of l.e.o in your bath with Epsom salt and this soothes your tired, sore muscles.
- Add 1-2 drops of l.e.o. to sugar. Step in shower, use the sugar scrub on your body; next, turn on the shower water to wash off and reveal sparkly soft skin
- Place 1-2 drops of l.e.o and c.o on the bottom of a child’s foot who refuses to sleep and poof, voila slumber.
- Add 3-4 drop of l.e.o into a diffuser and fill your space with this serene aroma.
I am not a fan of the harsh anti-flea remedies. So, I located at my health food store a natural option with lavender and other herbs collar. Fortunately, I have also found soothing anti-anxiety lavender collars for my dog who was terrified of fireworks; and I would even spray l.e.o on her bed during high firework seasons. This helped calm her down.
Yep, you can eat and ingest lavender buds. Edible lavender helps soothe your mind body and spirit in a gentle way.
- A favorite treat of mine in the hot summer is lavender mint ice tea.
- Another sweet treat is lavender sugar.
- Once upon a time local bakery baked the most incredible lemon & lavender muffins.
The possibilities are endless with lavender.
Oodles of Love,
Natasha, I would like to connect on a deeper level with my feminine goddess and Empower My Radiance.
Natasha, I would like to feel less stressed, tired and better able to relax with Let it Go, Let it Flow Wellness Mediation.
Natasha Botkin, Master Teacher & Intuitive Behavioral Energy Healer, is a #1 international bestselling author, artist and Shiny Gold Star Quest creator. She uses healing soul psychology energies when working with youth and adults by releasing patterns & blocks to help them empower themselves. Connect with me Magical Blessings Healing Center